Are you interested in making an impact on a global scale?
Heart-Links Lazos de Corazón is recruiting Board members who are committed to community, social justice and our global welfare.
Connecting local to global, Heart-Links works in solidarity with partner organizations in northern Peru as they address the root causes of poverty and social injustices in their communities. We finance and accompany initiatives in education, leadership training, women’s empowerment and health, among others. We also organize an annual trip to northern Peru for people who are interested in learning what it feels like to walk in solidarity with people from another part of the world.
Registered charity # 865967517RR0001
Visit www.heart-links.org for more details
- 7 to 10 community members
- One part-time staff (3 days a week)
- Governed by the Not-for-Profit Corporations Act
- 5 Board meetings a year (September, November, February, March and May), typically on a Wednesday, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- 3-year term, renewable
- All Board members are asked to sit on a permanent committee (Fund Development, Community Engagement, Finance, Peru Projects, Solidarity Trip), which typically meet monthly
- Average time commitment is 1 to 2 hours per week
What we’re looking for:
- A commitment to social justice and international development
- Experience in any of the following areas: Law, Human Resources, Communications and PR, International Development, Finance, Volunteer Management, Special Events
- Perspectives of grassroots, Indigenous, Latin American or educational communities is a plus
- Previous board experience is welcome but not required
- Some knowledge of Spanish is an asset
Please send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com by April 15, 2019.