HEART-LINKS LAZOS DE CORAZÓN is a small NGO based in London, Ontario. For more than 20 years we have worked person to person, through friendship and funding, to support impoverished, vulnerable communities in northern Peru. We use a participatory model to identify needs and financially support community initiatives, particularly in the areas of education, nutrition, microenterprise and health. Heart-Links focuses its efforts on encouraging and empowering women, children and youth. Each year, we organize a Solidarity Trip to Peru to provide Canadian residents with an opportunity to visit and work with our Peruvian friends and better understand their reality. With the support of returned trip participants, we raise awareness in Canada about these issues.
To work collaboratively with organizations and community leaders in Peru so that they can create solutions to the poverty and injustices that affect their communities.
- Solidarity and interpersonal linking with Peruvians in target areas
- Priority to the poorest people
- Promotion of social justice, gender equity and empowerment of women
- Promotion of participatory management and self-sufficiency
- Accountability and transparency of information to all
Read our 2016 Annual Report.
Read our 2016 Financial Statement.
To request copies of earlier financial statements, please call
226-884-2845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.