Heart-Links recognizes the importance of privacy and are committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of donors’, volunteers’ and trip participants’ personal information. All the personal information that Heart-Links collects, how we manage that information and the circumstances under which we may disclose that information will be done in accordance with current regulations.
Click the attached link for further information on PIPEDA.
Approved: May 28, 2005
Last Revised: February 7, 2018
To ensure that donors and prospective donors have full confidence in Heart-Links we declare that our donors have these rights:
- To be informed of Heart-Links’ mission, of the way Heart-Links intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use your donations effectively for the purposes intended.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on Heart-Links’ governing board and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to Heart-Links’ most recent financial statements.
- To be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment.
- To be assured of anonymity if requested.
- To be assured that information about your donations is handled with respect and confidentiality to the extent permitted by law. To have the right to see your own donor record and to challenge its accuracy.
- To expect that all interactions with individuals representing Heart-Links will be professional in nature.