Heart-Links relies on a team of dedicated volunteers who give freely of their time, skills and experience. Volunteer opportunities include
- Membership on the Heart-Links board of directors
- Membership on a standing committee
- Assistance with a fixed-time initiative
Heart-Links is currently recruiting up to three volunteer board directors who are committed to community, social justice and our common global welfare.
What we’re looking for:
- A commitment to social justice and international development
- Experience in any of the following areas: communications, social media, special events, HR, finance, fundraising
- Perspectives of grassroots, Indigenous, Latin American or educational communities is a plus
- Previous board experience is welcome but not required
- Knowledge of Spanish is an asset
- 5 Board meetings a year (September, November, late January, March and June), typically on a Wednesday, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., plus the AGM in May. Attendance at these meetings is very important.
- All board members are asked to take a leading role on a standing committee, which typically meets monthly. Committees currently needing new members are Fund Development, Finance, Community Engagement/Special Events, and Governance.
- Average time commitment is 1 to 2 hours per week.
- 9 to 12 community members
- One part-time staff (3 days a week)
- Governed by the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act
If you are interested in applying for this volunteer position, please send your letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.