Today is #GivingTuesdayNow. People across the world are standing TOGETHER and giving what they can to help each other through the COVID-19 pandemic.
For Heart-Links’ partners in northern Peru that means helping people in their communities stay safe. Our partners are
- checking in with community leaders
- offering mental health and emotional support
- distributing food and PPE
- promoting measures that prevent contagion
- supporting home-based income generation projects
- ensuring government aid gets to the people who need it
Lambayeque province, where most of Heart-Links’ partners live and work, has become the epicentre of the disease in northern Peru. Although the capital reports by far the most confirmed cases, the fatality rate in Lambayeque (now 10.64%) is about 6 times that of Lima. Hospitals in the north are overrun. Two days ago, newspapers reported that Lambayeque had only one ICU bed and one ventilator left in the entire province.
You can help our partners #flattenthecurve in northern Peru by donating today to Heart-Links. Let them know we are #inittogether.
#GivingTuesdayNow #inittogether #OneWorld